Friday, January 20, 2012

Discussion Post 1: Introduction




My name is Douglas T.
I am an only child, and my mother is an only child as well. So, our family is very small. I am very anxious to graduate from college and move to a new place because I am so bored with Tuscaloosa. My major is Special Education, and I am absolutely thrilled about it. I talk about it all the time to all of my friends; they get so tired of hearing about it. My long-term career goal is to become a superintendent of a school district or perhaps on the state level. I have always been very interested in leadership; it is where my heart lies. I learn best reading and visualizing. I do not learn well by hearing something told to me. I am more of a "West" person because I am very organized, and I like to always know the "who, what, when, and why" beforehand!



1 comment:

  1. Douglas, I enjoyed learning more about you through this intro. Good decision to use a Voki avatar with a British accent - my favorite accent! :) Happy Belated Birthday to you, as well. I am glad to hear of your passion for special education, as well as your aspirations to become a future leader in the field. We desperately need intelligent, dedicated leaders in education today. Like you, I also enjoy reading and traveling, and I have many "western" characteristics. I look forward to having you in our class this semester.

    ReplyDelete