Friday, January 20, 2012

Reflection 1

I am excited to participate in a class where students are taught how to teach other people to think critically. I am really a huge supporter of thinking critically, and I know that if more students would do this then we would not have as much crime in our schools. I am interested in learning how to help kids think outside the box because teaching thinking skills is a very difficult task.
I was very interested in last weeks video because I never realized how much we really do not support creativity in our schools. It will be my personal mission to support creativity in my classroom with each and every one of my students.

1 comment:

  1. Great insights. I especially agree with your comment, "I know that if more students would do this then we would not have as much crime in our schools." And yet, in many schools with the highest crime rates, critical thinking plays second fiddle to standardized learning programs which emphasize lower level thinking. What are your thoughts on vocational education for at-risk students? I applaud your efforts to promote creativity in your teaching - hopefully this class will equip you with the tools to do so.

    ReplyDelete