Monday, March 26, 2012

Discussion #5

Talents Unlimited is a fantastic resource for teachers to use because it has been backed with much research that supports its use in the classroom There are five talents: productive thinking, communication, forecasting, planning, and decision making. Theoretically, every student fits into one of these categories. The idea is to enhance a student’s ability and talent through planning a lesson plan on talents. I think incorporating talents into my classroom will be most beneficial because I enjoy enhancing others and pushing others to reach their full potential. I believe that children are very creative and they achieve high levels of success, but they often need direction. I can provide the direction that they need. I think the number one skill a student needs is decision making, All students need to be able to make wise decisions based on thought and a sound mind. So often students make poor decisions, which why our crime rate is as high as it is. I want my students to become exposed to talents because it can do nothing but enhance their life in ways they never dreamed of. It will force them to think critically about their behavior and make good decisions if implemented correctly.


Schlichter, C., & Palmer, W. (n.d.). Introduction. In (pp. 3-7).



No comments:

Post a Comment