Thursday, April 19, 2012

Reflection 11

Today was a very interesting day in class because we were introduced to different colored hats. There were six different hats and each person chose which hat they were. Each hat was based on a different personality trait.I thought that this hat lesson was very creative, and I think that it is easily implemented in the everyday classroom setting. Teachers must search deep within themselves and be creative in order to maintain the attention of their students. I love the fact that the hats were original and very creative. They definitely got my attention- mainly because the hats were covered with glittery sequence. Kids would love this type of appearance too because it is attractive and very playful looking. I think this would also be a good activity for students because it would help students discover who they are. Finding yourself is something that a lot of students truly have a difficult time doing, and I definitely think that this hat activity can help ease the pain of discovering. I have learned so much from this class, and I hope I can remember it all so that I can implement it all in the future. I want to be a competent teacher who is able to reach students in a way that goes beyond the general level of education. The skills that I have learned in this class will definitely help me achieve this goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment