Sunday, February 19, 2012

Reflection #4

I really enjoyed learning about how to get students to think critically this week because it is often so difficult to do! I love the concept of wait time because I believe in giving students the opportunity to think for themselves and think critically! I think that when a teacher gives a student the opportunity to think for themselves it teaches them self-discipline and responsibility. I am excited to incorporate my new findings into future lesson plans. I love the idea of teaching students transitional skills, and this is an example of transitional skills in my opinion. As previously mentioned, students learn responsibility when they are made to think for themselves, and this is so important for the development of productive citizens! I think that this weeks lesson was very helpful. I am certain that I will encounter so many challenges as an educator, and I am looking forward to dealing with them and working hard to be the best that I can be! I also feel that the practice that we are receiving with lesson planning is going to be so beneficial because I plan to save the lesson plans that we are making and use them at a later date! I think it will only put my students at an advantage!

No comments:

Post a Comment